" Imagine you wake up and the world around you-life as you know it-has changed in an instant. That's what has happened to Whit Allgood and his sister, Whisty. They went to sleep as normal teenagers, and woke up as wanted criminals. Accused of holding incredible powers they'd never dreamed possible. And now, just how different they are-special, even-if just beginning to be revealed in a strange new world."
Sounds promising right?
Well that's exactly what I thought when I dove into this new novel, The Witch and the Wizard by James Patterson, once author of the year.
The cover art was gorgeous, the synopsis sounded great and I picked up the book with the highest of expectations.
I wish I could say that my expectations were met, unfortunately I cannot.
I enjoyed this novel as a pleasure read, but that's all it was, a pleasure read.
The plot line was good, and very different. It was original and pulled me in. However, it lacked a certain amount of creativity that I craved and also lacked detail. It was a very easy novel, so easy that I feel like it wasn't even meant for a high school student, and it just wasn't what I was looking for.
It emphasized on details that I felt weren't important and seemed to simply brush over the ones that I thought were. Sometimes it really took me into the book, while other times I just wanted to sleep reading it. It lacked a certain consistency I wanted.
I suppose I must have somewhat enjoyed it because I started reading the second book in the series soon after. Though, I do not have the highest of expectations for this book.
So overall, this book was good, great even, but not amazing, and was sort of a let down after reading Allegiant.
To look more into the series... click here.
Hopefully, I shall be pleasantly surprised while reading the next book in this series. Thanks for reading ;)
Sounds promising right?
Well that's exactly what I thought when I dove into this new novel, The Witch and the Wizard by James Patterson, once author of the year.
The cover art was gorgeous, the synopsis sounded great and I picked up the book with the highest of expectations.
I wish I could say that my expectations were met, unfortunately I cannot. I enjoyed this novel as a pleasure read, but that's all it was, a pleasure read.
The plot line was good, and very different. It was original and pulled me in. However, it lacked a certain amount of creativity that I craved and also lacked detail. It was a very easy novel, so easy that I feel like it wasn't even meant for a high school student, and it just wasn't what I was looking for.
It emphasized on details that I felt weren't important and seemed to simply brush over the ones that I thought were. Sometimes it really took me into the book, while other times I just wanted to sleep reading it. It lacked a certain consistency I wanted.
I suppose I must have somewhat enjoyed it because I started reading the second book in the series soon after. Though, I do not have the highest of expectations for this book.
So overall, this book was good, great even, but not amazing, and was sort of a let down after reading Allegiant.
To look more into the series... click here.
Hopefully, I shall be pleasantly surprised while reading the next book in this series. Thanks for reading ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment