Well guys, it's been a whole trimester since I've done a blog so let's hope this goes well. I'm going to write a new blog on a book I just read. Well obviously since this is what the blog is for. Anyway I'm going to start by introducing the book...
The Color of Water
By James McBride
I haven't gotten too far into the book but so far it is absolutely perfect. It's extremely inspirational and very eyeopening. Basically this is a story about an African American person raised in an African American society. He belongs to a large family and doesn't have a father. However, unlike his peers, there's something strange in his family. His mother is not African american, a sight unseen in this part of town. To start I'd like reiterate the large amount of stereotypes in place during this time period. This whole book is a recap of the memories of the mother, which had been locked away for too long, and his life with his mother. I'm truly enjoying this book and being introduced to these characters. The book looks like it will take a turn for the worse so I fear that one of his siblings or his mother will die :( However it seems thrououghly fascinating so I cannot wait to keep reading!
The Color of Water
By James McBride
I haven't gotten too far into the book but so far it is absolutely perfect. It's extremely inspirational and very eyeopening. Basically this is a story about an African American person raised in an African American society. He belongs to a large family and doesn't have a father. However, unlike his peers, there's something strange in his family. His mother is not African american, a sight unseen in this part of town. To start I'd like reiterate the large amount of stereotypes in place during this time period. This whole book is a recap of the memories of the mother, which had been locked away for too long, and his life with his mother. I'm truly enjoying this book and being introduced to these characters. The book looks like it will take a turn for the worse so I fear that one of his siblings or his mother will die :( However it seems thrououghly fascinating so I cannot wait to keep reading!

No comments:
Post a Comment