Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Book Review Of Between the Land and Sea


Close your eyes and relax. Imagine this. You're a young girl, who lost her mother and travels around the world with her father, never leaving his side. Now imagine being ripped apart from him and being thrown into a place, into the unknown. You are received hostilely by strangers, just because you're aunt showers you with gifts, making you seem rich. You are welcomed into the arms of almost strangers, people you remember meeting once long ago. You are taken from you’re father, never knowing when you are going to see him next. This is the exact situation Mariana finds herself in, in the beginning of the book.

The author of this novel really made you think, made you imagine, and almost made you feel like you were the main character. She used much of imagery so you could almost see, feel, hear, taste and smell exactly what Marina was feeling. The book is very, very well written and has an amazing story plot.

As I said above, Marina finds herself in a much unknown situation. But being who she is, she makes the best of it. The rest of this novel is about a girl, who finds out about a mysterious family secret, and how she figures out who she really is.

I give this book 4.5 out of 5. This is because the story was very well written and it also had a new and original plot line. It made me never want to put it down and it also makes me want to re-read it multiple times. However, I thought that it was a little slow in the beginning.

Overall it is a great novel and I recommend it to all girls above the age of 12. It was a fun,, fantasy read that had a twist in every page. I strongly recommend it to those who enjoy fantasy.

Click here for some well liked quotes in this novel.

Happy Reading :)

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds like Harry Potter a little bit. Parents are dead and he has to live with relatives and strangers who go up to him without knowing him well. I like the idea of the book, maybe I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, my question for you is where does the title come into play? Mariana means "of the sea", so does it have something to do with the water or am I just really literal? :O

    The way you worded this makes me want to read it just to figure out her family secret. :D

    ReplyDelete