So, So far in my novel, weird things have been happening. I am reading Half Upon A Time by James Riley. It's basically a twist to your normal fairy tale story, a little Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk, Snow White, you name it, and it’s probably there. The main character, Jack, tries hard in training to be some princess's knight in shining armor. Little does he realize that a princess will come falling out of the sky and land at his feet. Well "princess". This girl, May, doesn't realize she is a princess, and is only assumed to be one for her shirt which says, "Punk Princess" on it. She lands in an unknown world, unsure what’s happening nor of where she is. Once she gains her bearings, she, Jack, and a prince go on a search to find her Grandmother, who has been kidnapped. A strange twist is revealed, and it just shows you that everything is not what it seems.
So... Predictions?
Well I predict that...
1. Jack is from Jack and the Beanstalk (DUH. But since they never actually say it, I think it still counts as a prediction).
2. They find the grandmother, but she is taken away from them once again. ( I thought of this one because it is the first book in a SERIES so there must be some carried over plot to the next book).
3. Jack will end up being a traitor and help the "bad guys".
(Maybe this is the big twist. I mean how amazing and different would that be?)Questions?
1. Is the grandmother worth saving? ( As in is she really what she tells everyone that she is)
2. Was it pure chance that May suddenly fell into this world of fairytales, or is she somehow connected to it all?
Well I can't wait to find out! Thanks for reading (:
Sounds like a good book, I know I enjoy twisted fairytales.
ReplyDelete