Last year I read the book Divergent. As expected, it caught me and hooked me on. I was in love with the book. Immediately after I read Divergent I moved to read Insurgent and fell in love with that book as well. However, since the third book in the series did not come out yet, I seemingly abandoned the series and never picked it up again. So yesterday, in celebration of Allegiant, the last book in the trilogy coming out, I reread Divergent. Not surprisingly, I did not remember even a bit of what happened. I picked up the book and finished it in 3 hours. Let me tell you, those three hours of my life were not wasted. This book, although I was rereading it, caught me once again and made me fall in love with it, once again.
It is about a girl, named Tris who develops thoroughly during the story. It starts with her changing her name. Beatrice, a selfless, Aberration girl quickly turns into Tris, a brave Dauntless warrior in a matter of 50 pages. Things happen so quickly and move so fast that you do not want to stop reading.
Once Tris makes it into Dauntless headquarters, she meets a mysterious, handsome trainer by the name of Four. I mean who names their son Four? Well I had to keep reading to find that one out. As for Four's mysterious nature, he's hiding a deep, dark secret.
Throughout this novel, this team of two discover hidden secrets and mysterious that may change the world as they know it. Cliche right? But it's so true. This book kept me wanting more so undoubtedly, I turned to start reading Insurgent. One of my favorite novels by far, I recommend it to anyone and everyone. Thanks for reading :) And I'll be sure to keep you posted on my journey through Insurgent by Veronica Roth.
I read it last year, but stopped reading it because of a school book project and never picked it back up. I'm planning on rereading it after I reread Catching Fire. Also, the Divergent movie is coming out I think this year or early next year! :)
ReplyDelete