As I completed Half Upon A Time... I was shocked. As I have said before, this book is a twist on fairy tales.
"' No, because my grandmother isn't a character in a fairy tale.' [May said]
'Fairies don't have tails,' Jack said..." (Riley 61).
This book leads with a hook that grabs you in and makes you want to read more. It starts of with poor Jack, who is trying to complete a test by saving a princesses. Unfortunately for him, he is the only one who fails in his class. He walks away from the scene, reprimanded by his teacher, upset and disappointed. As he tells his grandfather the dreaded news, they get in a fight. Jack claims that training is useless for there are no princesses left but his grandfather claims that there is still hope. In a sudden outburst, Jack claims that there is no possibility that a princess will just fall from the sky when suddenly, a princess does and lands merely a foot away from Jack's outstretched arms. The rest of the story is about how Jack and the princess become acquainted.
The princess has a problem. Her grandmother has been kidnapped and she needs help finding her. The rest of the journey is about the different fairy tales May, the princess, encounters during the story including Snow White, Jack and the Beanstalk and Hansel and Gretel. As this book ended in a cliffhanger, I longer for more and now am starting the next book in the series, Twice Upon A Time! Well happy reading :)
"' No, because my grandmother isn't a character in a fairy tale.' [May said]
'Fairies don't have tails,' Jack said..." (Riley 61).
This book leads with a hook that grabs you in and makes you want to read more. It starts of with poor Jack, who is trying to complete a test by saving a princesses. Unfortunately for him, he is the only one who fails in his class. He walks away from the scene, reprimanded by his teacher, upset and disappointed. As he tells his grandfather the dreaded news, they get in a fight. Jack claims that training is useless for there are no princesses left but his grandfather claims that there is still hope. In a sudden outburst, Jack claims that there is no possibility that a princess will just fall from the sky when suddenly, a princess does and lands merely a foot away from Jack's outstretched arms. The rest of the story is about how Jack and the princess become acquainted.
The princess has a problem. Her grandmother has been kidnapped and she needs help finding her. The rest of the journey is about the different fairy tales May, the princess, encounters during the story including Snow White, Jack and the Beanstalk and Hansel and Gretel. As this book ended in a cliffhanger, I longer for more and now am starting the next book in the series, Twice Upon A Time! Well happy reading :)
I think the twist on a regular fairytale sounds very interesting
ReplyDeleteI love books involving twists and I love fairytales! I'll consider reading this book! :)
ReplyDelete