Wow. The writer, the writing, everything was so relatable and touching. The column I read was about a young girl, Tyann Adkins, who was murdered, brutally. Just a regular school girl killed in the middle of the day. Very sad. You can access the link to the column here.
"A niece was going to do Tyann's hair, she said. She'd be buried with a pearl necklace. And someone would do her nails." (Ramsey)
I really liked this quote because it tied the whole article together. In the beginning she described Tyann as a girl who liked getting her hair and her nails done as well as was always seen with a pearl necklace. I loved how in the end it tied the beginning to the end, giving us a clear picture and a sense of closure. It helped us, as the reader, imagine and connect with Tyann, as she was a teenager like us. The sentences were short and down to the point so they were emphasized. The diction was low and casual so there wasn't much thinking, just straight and down to the point. It was also connotation because all of these items had an emotional value to Tyann and her family. Finally you see a repeated use of hair, nails, and pearl necklace throughout the column which were things that personified Tyann and made her different as a person.
Ramsey's style is always to have low and casual diction. She also tend to summarize/ connect the beginning and the end all in the last sentence of the column. She makes to posts relatable and allow to readers to connect with what she's writing as well as raises their awareness about something. Her writing is very blunt and down to the point. I said earlier about the quote I liked in Tyann's article (it was the very last sentence). Relating to that I also liked the end of "Super Bowl QBs score points for Great Style" where she said "Whatever the score in the game, they'll both look like winners." This really summarized the column which is what I fell like Ms.Ramsey tends to do with her last sentences, to conclude the whole column and wrap it up.
If I could ask Krista Ramsey 3 things they would be...
1. When did you decide that you wanted to be a professional writer?
2. How do you come up with your ideas?
3. What normally inspires you the most, and how do you get rid of writers block?
That's all. Thanks for reading :)
"A niece was going to do Tyann's hair, she said. She'd be buried with a pearl necklace. And someone would do her nails." (Ramsey)
I really liked this quote because it tied the whole article together. In the beginning she described Tyann as a girl who liked getting her hair and her nails done as well as was always seen with a pearl necklace. I loved how in the end it tied the beginning to the end, giving us a clear picture and a sense of closure. It helped us, as the reader, imagine and connect with Tyann, as she was a teenager like us. The sentences were short and down to the point so they were emphasized. The diction was low and casual so there wasn't much thinking, just straight and down to the point. It was also connotation because all of these items had an emotional value to Tyann and her family. Finally you see a repeated use of hair, nails, and pearl necklace throughout the column which were things that personified Tyann and made her different as a person.
Ramsey's style is always to have low and casual diction. She also tend to summarize/ connect the beginning and the end all in the last sentence of the column. She makes to posts relatable and allow to readers to connect with what she's writing as well as raises their awareness about something. Her writing is very blunt and down to the point. I said earlier about the quote I liked in Tyann's article (it was the very last sentence). Relating to that I also liked the end of "Super Bowl QBs score points for Great Style" where she said "Whatever the score in the game, they'll both look like winners." This really summarized the column which is what I fell like Ms.Ramsey tends to do with her last sentences, to conclude the whole column and wrap it up.
If I could ask Krista Ramsey 3 things they would be...
1. When did you decide that you wanted to be a professional writer?
2. How do you come up with your ideas?
3. What normally inspires you the most, and how do you get rid of writers block?
That's all. Thanks for reading :)
No comments:
Post a Comment