Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

Okay okay I know I'm reading this book super late.
Yeah yeah I understand that everyone read it a year ago and that I'm the only person in the world who hasn't read it.
But in reality, I'm so glad I picked up this book because it's better late than never.
I've gotten to about the first 50 pages. Let's just say the first 5 pages were good enough to get me hooked. So for this post I'm simply going to introduce the characters, at least the ones I've been introduced to so far.

Hazel: Hazel is a nice girl. Although depressed and sarcastic, she has a heart of gold. The story is told in her point of view. She is also highly intelligent and loves to read. She doesn't think too much of herself and believes she is unattractive. She was diagnosed with cancer when she was young and had a miracle recovery, though is yet to fully recover.

Augustus: Just introduced in the story, Gus attends the same support group as Hazel. Described as very attractive, he catches Hazels eye and he is also smitten with Hazel. Also had cancer and as a result has a prosthetic leg.

Mom: Hazels mom is very supportive and is the reason Hazel joined the support group.

Isaac: Augustus's friend who introduced him to the cancer support group and is almost blind, due to cancer. Also dislikes the support group.

So these are the main characters I was introduced to. I'm already in love with this book and encourage you to read it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment